I will never understand why they think fake crying is effective. It literally just makes me want to rip their heads off. The solution is usually très simple and I know those weren't real tears. At least once an hour one of the lil tykes freaks the f* out about something. A) it's hard for me to know what you're saying when you are SCREAMING at me through faux sobs and 2) I DON'T SPEAK FRENCH!
It's becoming rather annoying despite how much better I get everyday.
So, things are fine. The kids are playing quietly while I read on the couch. Then I look up and they are showing each other their butts. Arrêt! I exclaim. They laugh. I keep reading. A few minutes later I look up and the girl is smelling herself...Jesus Christ, Arrêt! I exclaim again. They laugh. I keep reading. One minute later I look up and they are checking to see if there is poop in their buttcracks...
I consulted a good friend on the matter. She responded, "Only kids have the time to look at each others buttholes."
Good thing Ulghor had my back and sat next to me for a long, long time today.
It was a long, long day.
Children are weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you're becoming such a good guardian!
ReplyDeleteThe bizarre stuff that kids can do tests one's patience, for sure. However, it is precisely the things that drive you nuts which force you to love them more and see through their nonsense.
Au pair people, parents, and other caretakers gently guide the children into better behaviors much like the rudder of a ship.
Sometimes a more abrupt approach is required as likened to a runaway train needing to brake suddenly rather than derail.
Other times one must let them simply crash on their own to learn their own lessons the hard way.
I'm thrilled to see you writing so much and so well.
Word to the wise: Watch yourself when alone in public. Never let yourself get separated from others, isolated, or in a group of all males. Always have a complete awareness of your surroundings and exit strategy.
I've survived some pretty hairy events when overseas by being streetwise. Develop yours!
Funny story about being able to take care of yourself in a tough spot: MB gave a Sky Marshall a black eye and kept on punching! More another time.
ReplyDeleteCes enfants doivent fermer je regarde. . . Vive les français!
ReplyDelete