Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Lundi.

Hopped up out the bed, turned my swag on.
Took a look in the mirror said, "HOLY HELL IS THAT REALLY WHAT I LOOK LIKE?!?!"

I had 7 minutes to wash my face, brush my teeth, dress, pack for the day and get my ass down to their apartment by breakfast at 7:45.

Pas problème.

Today was my first full day sans internet, sans les parents, et sans l'anglais. 

It was awesome. This morning we had dance parties, drew stuff, gossiped a little bit, and just spent some lovely time together. Olympe, Dimitri, et moi. Eléonore came home for lunch and afterwards we went to the park. It was officially my first time out walking around in Paris. Let me tell you, it's beautiful. Even the architecture of the residential apartments is gorgeous. I don't even think these kids are old enough to understand that they are living in one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world. At the park I got to sit and take in my surroundings. It still hasn't fully settled in that I am in a different country. I'm on this adventure by myself and it's scary but SO rewarding. I actually spoke decent French today. I even decided that my closet-space is actually pretty sick. It's a free place to leave my shit, where it won't be in anyone's way, and then I just sleep there at night. It's all locked up and safe and there's a woman who bought three or four tiny rooms on the floor and had them made into a small flat. She's adorable. I met her in the stairwell. I'm not alone. Ultimately, it was a great day. I got a sexy little Samsung phone to use in France. I have 5 contacts. The mom, dad, grandmother, mom's work, and the kids school. Supa responsible me. Also, I have no friends yet.

BUT I AM NOT DISCOURAGED!

All in all today was good. I can't wait to have some free time to explore and get to know what's around me. I did see a small pizza place that looked pretty hipster fabulous and there is also a park to sit at nearby the house. Beaucoup de cafés. I'll be just fine.

Sidenote: I'm friends with the family's last au pair, Patrícia, she's super encouraging and let's me know that it's okay to be nervous but that I will adjust eventually. They hired her twice so she's obviously pretty good. She's been a big help to me and she's offered to put me up if I ever want to visit Slovakia!

I'm tired as all get out, but here are some pictures. 
View from my room. Pretty morning. 7:30am


Dimitri with my "Well, Hello There" mustache


The view into one courtyard

Today's Outfit: yes I know I'm in a bathtub.
It's the only full length mirror.
Plus, it's funny.

View into another courtyard
Walkin' to the park...

le parc

le parc

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I'm so happy that you are starting to feel comfortable. Just wait until you start using Le Metro. You'll feel independent and free.

    ReplyDelete