Tonight was cool.
Let me rephrase.
Tonight after the family left and took their children à la campagne was pretty cool.
(Olympe screamed at me for the five minute walk home from the boulangerie because I told her she could have her cookie at the house. I was carrying, her bag, her jacket, Dimitri's jacket, wheeling Dimitri's scooter, carrying a baguette, and CARRYING DIMITRI cause he fell. It wasn't even physically possible to give her the cookie.)
I digress.
Luckily, I had a fun evening planned with Carolyn to go see an American comedian who's been living in Paris for nine years do stand-up. I love laughter. It was hilarious. He talked about how French people are the only people in the world who will walk into the metro "sortie" doors and stand there even if they don't open. Also, that when you ask someone "Comment ça va?" "Ça va." is the appropriate response. If they don't respond "Ça va" or they get to a fourth "Ça va" they MIGHT be suicidal.
It was hilarious in general. Then there was open mic night, and this kind Italian man named Antonello, asked me to record his bit. He was pretty funny. It felt good to laugh a lot.
It also only solidified my desire to be a comedian. Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you, this job is giving me PLENTY of material.
For instance...I've been here almost a month and I haven't gotten paid yet. When I asked for some money for the weekend I was given 20 euro. Which, bought me my entry fee for the comedy show, and a drink. I had just enough for a 3 Euro baguette sandwich the next day.
Viva la France.
I ALMOST FORGOT: There was this really cool girl, Laura, who came up to us after the show tonight to ask Carolyn if she was working for the family she had worked for. Carolyn wasn't but the girl gave us her info and told her to stay in touch with her and that she'd love to hang out, grab coffee, show us around, or whatever. She understands the struggle. She also had on cool tights and great shoes.
Note to self: get some printed tights, it's autumn in Europe for Christ's sake.
| Snapped this from the Metro. I'm not disappointed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment