Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Anywhere is everywhere

Everyone knows that one person who has never been out of the country. Never been on a real vacation. Doesn't have any interesting stories, and really doesn't care that they are as flat as a burnt crêpe.
I sympathize with this person for one reason and one reason only.

Anywhere is everywhere.

Today, it rained. Just a little bit. For like an hour. BUT I used this as my excuse to do absolutely nothing. Wait, I lied. I watched Twilight (not my proudest moment but I'm done pretending that I don't like Robert Pattinson. Cedric Diggory for life.) Then I watched all of the special features from Pitch Perfect and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. A redeeming moment for my shattered pride after watching Twilight. Just don't even get me started on my literary views of the books. Let's move on from this.

Then I took a nap. A NAP! I'm in f*ing Paris and I'm taking naps.

Then all I did for the rest of the day, was read and play indoors with the kids. I spent the evening disappointed in my attic crawlspace because I couldn't connect to internet, then I read until I fell asleep at 10pm.
No matter where you are, there are days that are exactly like anywhere else.
But you know what...I am in Paris soooo.....I'm allowed.

In the wise words of Aldous Snow:
"Don't let them grind you down"

NEWS: I did get in touch with another au pair who is from CA where my cousins live. That's a plus. We're going to meet up next week. Thanks Tina!!
Tina is my aunt. We actually emailed a bit last night and today. She's awesome. Hands down top 5 favorite people I've actually spent time with in real life. But she's a double black belt...so like, she's basically a celebrity and I doubt you'd want to argue that fact with her. :)

1 comment: