Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Feeling Good.

I'm sitting at the table in Paris with my boyfriend, Ulghor, sipping my coffee, eating toast with nutella, listening to Michael Bublé, and for the first time since I got here I feel like a writer. An empty apartment, it's raining outside (classique), I've been making lists of things I want out of life. Travel. Sweaters. A vast cigar collection that I only put on display to impress company. (You guys out there know what I'm talkin' about.) Maybe Bublé sounds unauthentic. Let me correct your understanding. I've been following Michael Bublé since his first album ten years ago. I was in 8th grade when I first heard the perfect voice that would carry me for years to come. Every now and then I rediscover his music, and his songs are more applicable today than when I first heard them.

'naw mean?

Proper respect Bublé.
I don't have much to say the last two days. Maybe cause I've been mildly busy making friends, eating hamburgers, and talking about things that make me happy. Plus, sanity is beginning to return. I feel in control of my emotions.
I'm feeling good.

I just wanted to take this moment in between my glances at the huge raindrops slapping against the window to tell you about my Top Three favorite songs right now and my favorite line of each:

  1. "I'm Your Man"-Michael Bublé
    • I'll howl at your beauty like a dog in heat
  2. "Everything"-Michael Bublé
    • And I can't believe that I'm your man, and I get to kiss you baby just because I can
  3. "I've Got the World on a String"-Michael Bublé version
    • What a world, what a life...I'm in love
You might have noticed a pattern. It's essential that I play them in this order as well. Every time I leave the house I pump myself up, and open myself to love and new experiences with every step I take. I can't explain it as well as I'd like to, but these three songs are probably how I would want to feel when I'm in love. They're probably how I would want the other one to feel too. Ya know, like from the beginning. The entire time we're "in love" not just sometimes. I know, it's cliché to talk about love in Paris, but god dammit, I have needs. 
These three songs are all I need. 

Often I can't decide which mode of communication I like best. 
-written word
-songs
-music on its own
-dance

Right now, it doesn't matter. I look forward to the 15 minutes of everyday that I get to close my eyes, and just let these three songs remind me that I'm alive. There's so much more than what I've experienced thus far in life. Better than anything else, these songs make me feel NEW. They don't remind me of anyone. They don't bring back memories. They carry only the promise of better things to come. 

Interesting that they're all from the same album. 
Perhaps, my favorite Bublé album.
An album I stole from someone. 
I deserve it.
I deserve these songs.

Call me irresponsible. :)

P.S. Michael Bublé is having a show in Paris January 11, 2014. Yeah, I'm going.
Also, iOS 7 comes out today. Well in like 30 minutes for me en France. WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment