Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11

It's very strange waking up in another country on such an important day in your home country. Upon opening my eyes this morning, my first thought was, "Today is September 11th." My second thought was one of prayer and gratitude. Prayer for all of the people and families affected by the tragedy twelve years ago. Gratitude for my own friends and family and the country I come from that triumphed over the horrors of 2001. 

I'm proud to be an American.

I wonder if anyone here even thinks about our World Trade Centers or the monumental weariness that exists in America today. It's interesting. They probably don't.

But today, I am thinking about it. I'm right back home, bowing my head in silence and thanking God we've progressed over these years. I pray that those affected found peace. 

In a weird way, I'm also so grateful for all the literature that was written as a result of this travesty. Through words we'll never forget and never take advantage of the freedoms we have each and every day...

-an excerpt from my personal journal this day, September 11, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. It is important to honor our country and all of its fallen ones. Especially those who died in a battle unilaterally declared by a "religion" and its adherents. This country was founded in religious freedom and is hated by a religion that wants only religio-fascism.

    I am proud of your patriotism and love of country!

    ReplyDelete