Last night I had a terrible dream that there was going to be a huge storm, a volcanic eruption, and a flood that would massacre all life on earth. The population congregated in parks, dressed up to watch the volcano erupt, barricaded themselves in basements, and fervently did everything they could to find family members to die with.
It was morbid.
And I couldn't wake myself up.
I tend to be a very lucid dreamer, so usually I can wake myself up. Instead, I completely succumbed to the panic of my dream. It was terrible. I hugged my dad goodbye, I ran into an ex and we expressed our regret and said a heartfelt goodbye avec beaucoup de PDA in the street. I held my cousin, Shane, while he cried, I hid in a basement with my mom and sister, my aunt and cousin, Seychelle, while we waited for this to end.
This awful dream all because I read the kids (the ones from Church) a book for children about the "Library under the Volcano" before they went to bed and I came back to Paris. It took place in Ancient Pompeii. Morbid.
However, when I finally awoke I read the quote somewhere, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
"Well," I thought to myself, "I suppose I'd go out and make some friends."
And that's precisely what I did today.
Three girls, three new friends, and one of them I played basketball with in High School. I feel like I almost remember her on the opposing team. Small, small world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment