Carolyn and I rose at the painful hour of 7:45 and prepared ourselves for the Sunday Service at Second Church. I was clashing, but we discussed that it wasn't necessarily a fashion faux pas anymore, and that the woman sitting next to us at the Metro station was way worse off than I.
We went to the French service at 10am and the English service at 11:20. Blandine is the First Reader so we know I was stoked to be there for 2 hours. I actually got more out of the French service. Maybe because I had to concentrate harder to understand, but it was really amazing to hear the lesson read in French. I realized halfway through that it was the first time I'd ever been to a service in a Foreign language. Oh wait, maybe we did go to one tiny, tiny service in Prague. I can't remember if the woman read in Czech though...oh well. FRENCH was beautiful, and it made me feel like less of a failure of language to have some idea of what was going on while Blandine read from Science and Health (in French) en Français.
After mingling a very little bit, Carolyn and I had a quick lunch of eggs and coffee-I showed her my attic crawl space-I changed my clothes into something a little more fancy and we headed over to the Champs Élysées for the first time ensemble. For those of you that don't know what that is, open a God damn magazine.
ANYWAY, it's a long strip of street with the biggest name brand, and fashion shops in Paris. Lotta nice cars, nice food, crazy shopping, and an infinite amount of tourists. After the Champs Élysées, and accidentally going around the Arc de Triomphe like six-thousand times, we finally made it to the Eiffel Tower.
Only our photos can explain what words cannot, and reveal what an amazing day we truly had.
Disclaimer:
All photos by me were taken with my Canon Rebel T3 with the standard 18-55mm lens.
I will give Carolyn credit for the ones she took.
| Arc de Triomphe from the Champs Élysées. Yes, I'm in the middle of the street. |
![]() |
| Brownie Explosion. Also, Bradley Cooper is the Man of Häagen-Dazs... Extra yum |
![]() |
| Selfies avec le Tour Eiffel |
| curlsvern photography. Maddy Grendel pose. <3 |
![]() |
| curlsvern photography. Tried to copy my cousin, Seychelle, who has a very similar photo of herself. |
| This is my favorite picture I'm really proud of this one. The light, the wide-angle, the centered Eiffel Tower. I just love it. |



No comments:
Post a Comment