Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finally, some friends...

Today was a good day.

I woke up late, 9:15am!!!!! Call the cops. I made breakfast and watched "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" with Ulghor. We laughed, we cried, we had our own individual mental breakdowns after. Then I showered.

At around 1 I was supposed to meet a friend of mine, Carolyn, at the Madeleine Metro station so we could rendez-vous. We also ended up meeting a friend of a friend's who worked as an au pair in New Zealand for eight months last year. Her name is Sabrine and she's Parisian.

Thank. God.

I've been needing to make some friends who are actually from here, and it's a huge plus that she understands the struggle of being an au pair.

Long story short, it was a good day. We saw La Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris. Obviously, it was really beautiful and obviously I sang "Out There" from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame." How can you not? Plus, Megan is always telling me that "I am deformed, and I am ugly and the [she is] my only friend." My one defender.

Hilarious.

Then we walked around a few other places that are under the radar for tourists (for the most part) and I we had coffee with Sabrine's other friend before parting ways. Sabrine texted me after we left and said we should do something fun the next weekend and told me she loved my accent. I was flattered but I also don't understand. Americans, to me, have such boring accents in general.

I went back to Carolyn's place for the evening where we shared a romantic meal of frozen dinners, stale bread, and yogurt. Paired with pleasant conversation and an AMAZING little backyard flat to herself, I'd say Saturday was a success. :)

I am well pleased. Heep-how.
The Bastille-forgot to mention


Notre Dame de Paris

left to right: Sabrine, Carolyn, et moi
Out there
Strolling by the Seine
Taste a morning out there
Like ordinary men
Aforementioned:

"Out There/Dani's Theme Song" The Hunchback of Notre Dame

It really builds...

No comments:

Post a Comment