Friday, October 18, 2013
Wiping off the Dusty
Today just started out great :) Yesterday Eléonore picked the kids up from school, which meant that I took them to school this morning because she had a funeral to go to that she needed to get ready for. Désolée.
Then I came home and skype with Jeremy!! The best of times! We laughed, we cried, we said lots of things we would later regret, such as "I miss you" and "I love you" and "Show me your titties!" He didn't. It was disappointing.
Alas, he's my bestie.
Tomorrow though, I'm going to Normandie with Lauren. It cost 87euro which isn't TOO expensive, but it's still basically all I had. THAT BEING SAID, Antoine was really interested in what I was going to be doing there.
After a delicious home-cooked meal of hamburger's, homemade fries, and salad (which I prepared for the fam) Antoine and I spent like an hour talking about Normandie, and art, and music. He quizzes me on my Edith Piaf and was surprised that I actually know more about her life and times (therefore her songs) than the average American who's initial response to Edith is "OMG I regret nothing! La Vie En Rose" He liked that I knew some of her early unknown stuff. He also explained to me that Deauville, a town in Normandie, is really famous for a movie "Un Homme et Une Femme" and the music that goes along with it. He really likes Nostalgic genres. We listened to Dusty Springfield for a long time after that.
It was really fun to learn about his music style and to go to another providence with a little background on the town. We ended the conversation eating the rest of the carrot cake I made. It didn't suck.
P.S. Dimitri gave me a bunch of stuff for cooking such a delicious dinner haha.
AFTER
I ended up meeting up with Lauren and Maya and we met some dude off of Craigslist in the Latien Quarters. Everyone needs a Craigslist story. We'll call him E. He was very sweet and showed us some fun places around that part of Paris. Educational to say the least. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment