"I know everything. Like actually, I'm an old woman, and I know everything."
She's 25, she's not that old.
"I might be wrong sometimes, but I'm the first to admit that."
However, she has become the "Terry" of my life here in Paris. The wise, always correct, British influence that smacks me around and expects me to fend for myself in the best possible way.
Today, we had a really great talk about men, friends, and girls. The main point of our entire conversation was that people need to say what they mean, and frankly, they usually do. Unfortunately, the grand majority over think and over analyze every single moment, every single word, when ultimately, if they took it at face value they'd see that life is actually very simple.
Yesterday during our talk she told me:
"I always say what I mean. I say exactly what I'm thinking all the time, but I always think before I speak because I don't want to regret anything. I'm 100% honest. There's no guessing with me. If I like you, I'm going to tell you I like you. For instance, Danielle, I think you're a really cool girl. Hanging out with you is easy and fun. I feel like we are the same in the sense that we don't judge people, we just let them be and it's easy for them to be around us. It's easy for me to be around you. You care about things, and the world. Everyone feels stupid saying that to someone! But we shouldn't, we need to tell people. Not even in a romantic way. Everyone is so afraid of talking about their feelings and I don't understand. If you like someone, tell them. If you want to see someone, tell them. If you think about him at all during the day and you have his number, just text him. You're not asking him to marry you, you're asking if he wants to hang out again and if he says no, why should you care? That's his problem. He's testing you. He probably feels like an idiot for texting you and you never responding. Wrong number or not, there must be a part of him that feels like you did it on purpose. He was probably as relieved as you were when he found out you weren't ignoring him but still. Boys especially, say what they mean. Girls especially, want to convince you that it means something else, something less, or something with greater meaning, when in reality "I want to see you again" means "I want to see you again." You strike me as someone who is upfront about who they are. You don't say things you don't mean either, that's why we get along, so if you told him you wanted to hang out you better text him. Today. Right now."
Hannah is always right. For an old maid that is...
![]() |
| That one time she was my date |
| She's also a magician. |

No comments:
Post a Comment