This week has been a little rough. I'm still struggling with Olympe. Yesterday she told me that I was her favorite au pair, and that she wanted to me to stay ANOTHER year when this year was over. She said I was cool and fun blah blah blah...then later that night she was freaking out at the computer and like hit me and then told her mom that I swore at her and hit her!
I don't even know how to swear in French! The word she said I used I'd never even heard before!
It was infuriating. We've really been working with her because truthfully she's just really stressed out at school. Apparently there are four boys in her class who make the school day a really tense environment, and that's no way for a child to learn but I've also told Eléonore that I didn't come to Paris to be abused by a seven-year-old. I've been working on being understanding but that was just freakin weird last night. Whatever.
Tonight though, Eléonore invited me to go see a movie with her and her friend. I said yes because I felt we should have some lady bonding and it would be a good way to spend time with her outside of work, and outside of the house.
Back track-today I took Dimitri to his sports/fitness class.
Dinner time:
Eléonore begins, "So Danielle, what did you think of le professeur du sport?"
Antoine sighed in exasperation. Meanwhile, I sit across from Eléonore unable to prevent my face from turning bright red.
"He's good looking no?"
Antoine shakes his head while all I can do is nod mine.
She and I just laughed and laughed and laughed.
"Antoine gets jealous," she exclaimed laughing.
"I'm not a jealous person," he made sure to say in English.
It was hilarious. When Eléonore and I left for the movie (which was hilarious, and I actually understood a pretty good amount) I told her, "Quand j'ai vu le professeur du sport je pensais que j'ai tombe amoureuse immediatement dans le gymnase."
Needless to say, going to the movie was a good idea, and I think we were able to actually bond as PEOPLE. Good times. There's hope yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment