Saturday, October 12, 2013

TONIGHT

"Hey, I'm here. Where are you?" he said into his shitty French Samsung.
"I'm crossing the street," she said into hers.
"Okay, I think I see you."
"I'm fucking with my sock."
He looked across the street and saw her from behind. She was bent over, balancing on one leg, doing...something with her sock, all the while trying to hold a phone against her ear. She looked ridiculous.
"Yeah, I definitely see you," he hung up smiling as she turned around to find him. She smiled and they met in the crosswalk to kiss hello.

Tonight was a really nice night. Carolyn and I had a pretty laid back Saturday with our friend Sabrine and we did some cheap shopping up and down this little street near Republique. I'll definitely go back there for some stuff :)

I was feel pretty confident today because the fact of the matter is, it's really exciting being an assertive woman in the 21st century. That being said I met up with my dude friend later on to help him with his art history paper. (He's studying abroad and I studied English AND Art History so I was feeling more than qualified to help him out.) It was pretty chill too. We sat in my stupid attic crawl space and just worked on it for a few hours and then ended up jammin to some music and being ridiculous.

He may or may not have busted out Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" head turn and sexy dance included. It may or may not have been the funniest thing I've ever seen. Charm. For. Days.

That being said after a while we ended up going out with Lauren and Rebecca in the Quartiers Latien. (I'm not sure if I've mentioned Rebecca yet but she's from South Africa and she's one of our friends and she lives near Lauren. She's fun and really sweet!) We walked around for a while and then the dude and I decided we wanted to do our own thing. ALSO WE WERE STARVING. So we parted ways and ended up sitting on the street, eating crepes, and talking about life. Periodically, we would switch crepes and eat each others. Just a chill time. We actually had a good talk, from my perspective, and I kind of just relayed some ideas that Hannah and I had been talking about earlier in the week about how it's important to be real with people, and that I liked him and hoped we could stay friends. When we finally made it to the metro (we didn't want to miss the last one before 2am) he asked if it was okay if he went home, and I said "Obviously." and he said, "I feel like I can just talk honestly with you and you're not going to take it the wrong way." Then we heard the last metro and SPRINTED to our opposite platforms, but not without a whimsical and rushed parting embrace.

SOOO....Paris is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment