Spending this whole entire week with The Verve has really inspired me to just do shit. To take out my journal and write down thoughts, poems, snippets etc. More so than I have been doing. She draws the most beautiful sketches of people and things. She only shows me her journal sometimes and at rapid-turn-the-pages-so-fast-I-can't-read-anything-speeds. I understand though.
Some of the shit we "artist/writers" produce is not for everyone. It's just for us. I respect that.
But she tries to draw something once a day and we had a good talk about "seeing" versus drawing what you know. It's a practice and a training you develop between your eye, your brain, and your hand. Best thing to do is start with one drawing a day.
So, I've been doing that. I drew a really fucked up looking bunny the other day...it looks good if you lay on your back and prop my journal up on your knees, but if you look at it normal the proportions are jacked. Yes, I drew it laying on my back with my journal propped on my knees. Sue me.
I just wanted to make a list of all the books I've read since I got here and the ones that I'm going to be reading on this upcoming vacation. It's just for me to see if I'm doing a good job, or if I need to step it up!
August 24-February 2
- The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson
- Super Sad True Love Story - Gary Shteyngart
- Tropic of Cancer - Henry Miller
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
- A Secret Sharer & Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
Currently Reading
- J'ai tant rêvé de toi - Olivier et Patrick Poivre d'Arvor (oui en français)
Recently Purchase for the vacation
- Tropic of Capricorn - Miller
- Farewell Waltz - Kundera
Ehhh...the ones I've chosen to read are good BUT...I need to do better and read more.
Let's get some book swapping on friends!
Leave a book somewhere on a bench! Give a book you love to a stranger. Let's change lives via literature.
No comments:
Post a Comment