After the weirdest train ride back to Paris yesterday afternoon, where I sat in the "hallway" of the train instead of my paid seat cause I just didn't want to be near anyone, I met up with my dude Tangerine to play some basketball.
He bought a really nice Nike Elite ball that we are splitting 50/50. It's beautiful.
We found a small parc that's in the middle of us and started playing. I beat him. Twice. I'm so out of shape, but I was scoring, and balling, and dribbling like I never quit. It was freedom. It was respiration. It was amazing. The feel of the ball, the sound of the bounce, the sun setting on the asphalt, and the success of swishing a ball through a hoop with no net.
HOME.
After that, Tangerine and I parted ways to do our own thing. None of my usual crowd was in Paris so I ended up going to a party by myself. I was invited my one of my friends that I met here, she studies in Paris and invited me to a party being thrown by some of her Uni friends. It was awesome. I met some sweet people, and it's so liberating going to a party by yourself where you don't know anyone. You don't have to check on anyone throughout, you don't have to time your exit, you don't have to provide, or include, you just get to be. I've really missed just BEING in a situation.
I got the last metro home around 2am and even found a new way to get home without transfers. Line 3! Throw it up!
Sunday was lovely, woke up early and met Verve's roommate at the train station so i cold pick up their keys since they're both out of town for the break, it was a beautiful morning. I came home, ate some granola that I'm SO GLAD I BOUGHT! cleaned the apartment, left, sat at the Tuileries and read (okay napped) for an hour before heading to a dance workshop. It was so fun. Great way to meet people and to let loose. Afterwards, Tangerine and I met up again at the park and ended up played 3 different pick-up games with other dudes there. Two games of 3v3 and one of 4v4. My teams won every time and I was even scoring a decent amount. My defense was on point and I think the guys were NOT expecting me to actually be able to play. I had been told that French guys aren't good at basketball cause it's not really a thing in Europe as much as it is in America, but some of these guys were pretty good. Not Tangerine but he's the one who told me French guys weren't haha.
After ballin, I came home, chilled with the host-dad, and hit the hay. Laying in my tiny room, drifting, breathing...Gotta catch up on some SVU
| it was beautiful at 7:30 this morning |
No comments:
Post a Comment