Friday, February 14, 2014

This Saint Valentine Shit

Typically, there are two types of people on Valentine's Day.
  1. The people who have a Valentine/petit copain and therefore enjoy the day, are in love & just freaking LOVE Valentine's day. Flowers, cards, sexy undies, dinner date, champagne, etc. 
  2. The sad single people who just bitch and moan about how much they hate Valentine's Day/the other single people who overly celebrate their 'singled' but are really just as sad as others and are simply pretending they're happy today. 
Well, I propose a few ulterior categories:
  1. The people who are in relationships and their significant others make them feel stupid about Valentine's Day so they pretend to not care/the people who are in relationships and can't be with their lovers so they hate the entire day (or suck it up and do the best they can).
  2. People who genuinely enjoy life despite Valentine's Day single or not!
Personally, I've forgotten all about it. Maybe because I'm in France and no one really cares. Maybe that should be it's own category the "Who Gives a Crap" category also known as "Valentine's Day in France so it doesn't matter because here it is Valentine's Day EVERYDAY " category.

I choose to be a part of this category:
  • I am a human being who, despite my relationship status, single or otherwise, genuinely doesn't give this holiday more importance than I see fit. I'm neither upset, nor thrilled on this day. I neither detest, nor count down the days to this holiday. I'm neither cynical, nor promoting of this day. And why not treat it as such? If you do something nice, that's great, if not...create your own holiday. Relationships are supposed to be between two people and just those two people. Who cares how or when you express that love in grand gestures. Say what you mean. Enough with all these bullshit "i like you, I guess" Valentine's Day cards bullshit. Yes, I find them thoroughly amusing, but still! If you have someone you care enough to spend this day with, make it count. Either way, shut up! And keep your romantic, personal, private, intimate moments to yourselves. 
Because I have one question planet earth. It's insanely hypocritical seeing as I am posting it on a public blog, run by a search engine that owns the rights to everything I post. Nonetheless, here it is:

WHO ARE WE ALL SO EAGER TO PLEASE? WHO ARE WE PRETENDING FOR AND WHY HAVE OUR LIVES BECOME ONE HUGE PERFORMANCE?

Happy Valentine's Day folks.
And then I posted pictures of my love life...
OH NO A KISSING PHOTO!

He likes to lay on my shit. C'est l'amour

No comments:

Post a Comment