I've also been extremely pensive. I've had multiple conversations about the meaning of life, our existence, the pros/cons of being alive in todays world, the cynicism of a young man, and frankly how we all need to do things to feed our souls.
Then I got the afternoon off.
5 hours, to my lonesome.
At first, I just kind of walked around, sat on a bench, drew, took some pictures, then I sat on the beach for a while, took more pictures, wrote in my journal. Amazing how sometimes being alive still feels like you're dreaming. When I was done at the beach-not that I'm ever truly "done" it was just getting real cold-I made my way up the big hill at the center of town to the park, and more importantly, The Belvedère. But on the way, I stopped in a Catholic church.
There's something really beautiful about sitting in a church. It's quiet. Quiet enough for me to actually hear my own thoughts. I lit a candle for my loved ones. I looked at the stained glass. I love the silence.
I was once asked, "Do you like the sound of silence?"
The answer then, as it is now, was yes. I find in silence there is the most valuable sound/noise because you are finally communicating with yourself. You're finally listening.
Furthermore, there is something equally unique and beautiful about sitting in silence with someone else. Whether it be a stranger, a lover, other church-goers, family, a friend, an animal...
And there is no better way to interrupt silence than with bells.
| that dude |
| fisherm...lady! |
| Top of the Belvedère |
| Encore |
![]() |
| the illuminated silence |
| I WENT RUNNING ON THE BEACH |
| IT WAS REALLY BEAUTIFUL |

No comments:
Post a Comment