Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday-Mon jour-My Day

Monday was kind to me.
I woke up next to Hannah's well, admittedly tad frightening morning face, and we ventured downstairs to eat and finish "Lie To Me". Finishing the second time is just as sad as the first time. I can't understand why they cancelled that show and if it was because it didn't have enough viewers then I don't understand WHY people don't want to watch such an awesome show with characters who are actually likable. WTF WALKING DEAD?!

Anyway, then Hannah wanted to check out some vintage shop so we headed out toward Montmartre and Pigalle area (near the Moulin Rouge) and got lost cause apparently in Paris I have no sense of direction with new places.

HOWEVER, we ended up in the Cemetière de Montmartre which was actually really beautiful. The sun was out, it was pretty cold, but the lighting and the vibes were really pleasant to say the least. As pleasant as they can be in a graveyard. I've always liked graveyards cause my dad would take me and my sister to them when we were kids. He always said that they were beautiful, peaceful places and not to be feared. They're historical and informative. It's really cool seeing and appreciating all the people who were here before us. Some for hundreds of years, some for three. Very interesting.

When I got the kids we had a really nice time until we got to the house, and I can't understand why kids DO THAT! Everything is wonderful, and you're loving your time together, and then all of a sudden they become little hellfires and ruin everything by hitting, and screaming, and stomping. WE WERE HAVING A GOOD TIME YOU PRICK AND NOW I HAVE TO PUNISH YOU!

After I was done for the evening I met Sweater Guy at Thirsty Mad Cat (yes that's actually the name of the establishment) and we participated in the pub quiz with a group of other people I'd met there before. It was a super chill night and I'm glad I made myself go out by myself (even though I met up with people once I arrived.) It's really cool going out without a real plan and not much verification that people you know will be present. I should do that more often. We all should.

I call this one "Smiling at your Fate"
She loves me for how clever I am.

apartments, or tombs?

toppled flowers need not fear

Ominous.

"They Built a Bridge Over My Grave"

No comments:

Post a Comment