Monday, December 9, 2013

Hannah Religi-O-Rama

SO, today neither Hannah nor myself went to school, but I DID wake up to my lovely lady swinging by to watch "The Hobbit" with me.

It was both of our first time, and I have to say, it was wonderful and just about everything I could have wanted it to be. I definitely need to read the book again, but for the most part I was very pleased despite all the inconsistencies. Can't win every match.

After the movie Hannah and I had a talk about religion concerning the college I went to etc. I've been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting during my time in Paris and there are things I'm more comfortable with, things I'm less comfortable with, and obviously things that have helped me progress further throughout this game called "life".

Such self discoveries have rendered me more comfortable with myself as a person and so without the slightest bit of denial I will state that religion is probably my least favorite thing to talk about, and potentially the most awkward conversation you could have with someone. Hannah is my homie, and even she was like "Why is this chick getting so weird right now?"

Oh, maybe because I've been abiding by rules that don't make sense to other people and the easiest way I can describe them is "apparently this is how God wants me to behave"

I believe two things for certain:
The Ten Commandments are actually very practical.
And if we're to "love our neighbors as ourselves" we should probably take the time to love ourselves! There'd be so much less hate in the world if we all just sorted out our issues and stopped using religion as a crutch to judge and condemn our fellow man.
Religion is supposed to be a guide to live a fulfilled and meaningful life where you are a good person…
SO JUST BE A GOOD PERSON AND STOP HATING ON EVERYONE…
Boom.  Peace on Earth.


Now that we're all uncomfortable…I will end this post.


P.S. Yesterday I bought really sexy shoes from Zara. I'm obsessed. I might never take them off. Makes the other two pairs of shoes I bought this weekend. nul

No comments:

Post a Comment