Sunday, November 17, 2013

This Time Last Year

So much has changed. I know we say that every year, but truly, it befuddles me how things do change. This time last year, I'm pretty sure I had pneumonia but still took all my finals, did well, performed in Dance Production (best time of my life) had amazing friends around me, had love knocking on my door, turned 21, went to my first strip club, the list goes on and on…

This year…
I've got new people surrounding me. People who've only known me a few months, or a few weeks even, celebrating my upcoming 22nd. I'm living with a family I didn't even know a year ago, I'm in Paris da fuq, did NOT see that one coming, I take public transportation again, and finally live in a place where I feel like myself. I mean, for the most part.
I mean, I guess I can do what I want.

But I guess that means, having no idea what I want.

Friday night we had a little birthday outing for yours truly. It was pretty cute. Some of my good friends here, and the nice French man from last weekend. He's very sweet. He dances so fun, we all went dancing later and he just has fun. It's pretty adorable. Saturday, I just hung out with Hannah and Tessa and we sat in a little pub watching two rugby games. England vs New Zealand and Wales vs Argentina. It was chill. It gets dark here so quickly, and it's gotten noticeably colder over the last week or two. It's nice bundling up and it's pretty sweet that I have these awesome boots now, because obviously they keep my shins warm haha.

I dunno, I think I'm just thinking about this stuff because I keep having these dreams that make me think I miss the things I've left behind. Sometimes it makes me miss people, situations, moments, things…it's not important and I don't dwell but I suppose in the last year so much has happened that I wanted to take a minute to just say thank you.

Thank you to everyone who's played a role, large or small, in my life. My 21st year on earth was romantic, exciting, challenging, terrifying, painful, and amongst the happiest of years I've had. So thank you. Thank you for the gifts. The laughs. The meals. The memories. The love. The love-making. The music. The car. The ice cream. The books. The drawings. The early morning phone calls. The texts. The adventures. The videos. The vines. The Laziest of Zippers. The dancing. The sports.

Literally, everything and everyone, my love will never go anywhere. My heart is yours. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment