Sunday, November 24, 2013

Da Week-end

Dis weekend was cool.

Starting with Thursday day of the date: Maya and I went to the OFII office to talk about my immigration papers and why I haven't gotten my physical yet. THEY HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS THOSE IDIOTS! So, now I have to wait but at least that wasn't my fault because we sent in my papers my first week in France. Then we had the morning to kill so we went to Gallerie Lafayette and it was lovely. You know how the rest of my Thursday went.
See: "Laws of Attraction" post.

Friday I spent the afternoon with Jimmeth's girlfriend, Leigh. We walked around and went to Musée de l'Orangerie. It was AWESOME! 7euro and the Frida Kahlo exhibit. Now, I'll be honest with the world I'm not the BIGGEST fan of her work, but certainly her life, process, and subject matter absolutely stuns and inspires me. A few of my favorite paintings were the saddest ones she made in her final years from her hospital bed. They're gruesome but beautiful. She was a very sad woman but she really used her talents as therapy and I respect the hell out of that.

Friday night, I just spent the night at Hannah's and she cooked me food, and we had a good talk/therapy session as well. Dissecting inch, by inch, my pathway called LIFE. Then we fell asleep watching "Lie to Me" and "Made in Chelsea" two shows we both showed each other :)

Saturday! Hannah and I had a romantic dinner of couscous and vegetables. Supa delicious. Then Maya made her way over and the three of us dressed up and went to a club that played only 90s music. NOW, obviously, it wasn't all American music, but nonetheless we heard a decent amount of Britney and I found my new favorite song.

Sensualité

It was really fun to just dance until the early hours of the morning without an agenda, without looking for or at any dudes, and just with your girlies. The crazy's definitely came out too, as we took the night bus home. There was some man, who was drunk off his rocker making everyone on the bus really unhappy. It was 4:30 and we all just wanted to be in our beds and away from this drunk man. Then a woman got on. He was immediately intrigued by her, and as she declined his advances she also got the entire bus singing "Je Ne Regrette Rien" by Edith Piaf. It was MAGIC. Then we met some girls as we caught the very first 5:30am metro home who were really stoked that Maya and I were from LA.

"la chaaaaaaaanceee" they kept saying, and neither Maya nor myself understand WHY people get excited about LA when there are places like Paris, and Portland, and Prague and apparently all great cities really start with P. Or maybe we are just unappreciative LA bitches. Maybe because we're the only two who GOT OUT!

I digress, that was fun. Then we all came back, had some tea, and crashed…HARD. We all woke up at like noon Sunday and then Jimmy came over for a huge fiesta sized late afternoon, crèpe pajama lunch! It was lovely, and then Jimmy and I took off to watch American Football at a pub called "The Great Canadian"

Irony at it's best.

All in all a lovely weekend. I'm enjoying our four-some.
Gallerie Lafayette à Noël

A top the Lafayette with Maya

Hannah and my romantic dinner/dessert with Ulghor (and then Maya)

No comments:

Post a Comment