Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mon Anniversaire Part Deux

Today was a typical Wednesday at home with the children. We played games, and I cleaned the SHIT out of Olympe's room. Pretty sure it was super magical. It also gave me a good reason to listen to music and kind of be in my own world. So, that's always appreciated.

One of the reasons that I love Wednesdays (in contrast to all the reasons I HATE THEM) is that Eléonore cooks lunch and it's always delicious. Today we had steak, which I always love. It's my favorite thing ever. I can't get enough.

After that I played an old favorite game "Fireboy and Watergirl" with Dimitri. Jeremy and I used to play all the time and I finally know how frustrated he probably got with me when I would die on accident and we'd have to start the level over entirely. Who knew that video games were a sure-way to practice patience.

Then I got sent to the gym with Dimitri for his "sports lessons." I'm not going to lie to the world, I definitely fantasize about his gym teacher. He's really handsome, has a lovely smile and he's good with kids. What more is there? I also received a dinner invitation via text from The Dude. So, we made plans to eat the next night. GREAT birthday weekend thus far. I did some intel for "good places to eat around me" Yes, we acknowledged it sounded sexual.

When I got back from the gym the table was set and dinner was ready. They had made me this traditional French dish that I can't remember the name of but I'll figure it out one day. It was like, pork, or rabbit or something wrapped in a sliver of bacon or ham or something. Olympe and Eléonore had made me a cake as well. Everything was just really nice. CHAMPAGNE (and kid champagne for us kids) it was really sweet they went all out. They even sang to me AGAIN!

And then I got my first parent-taken photo together with the kids. :)

all in all a very nice birthday with a
very nice family...

No comments:

Post a Comment