Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mon Anniversaire!

So, here I am 22, the birthday wishes via Facebook were addicting as ever since everyone I love, and who really loves me are overseas. I heard from some people I wasn't expecting to, and even got some mildly more personal texts with birthday love.  My sister was the first person I talked to, Christina was a close second…and Barney didn't realize I was only 22. #classic!! <3

For me it felt like a normal day, I didn't have much going on. Woke up early to head downstairs for breakfast. 

When I entered the apartment Olympe was there to greet me at the door. 
"Don't come in! You stay there!" 
And then she shut the door to the laundry room in my face.
I stood there, confused, groggy, hardly feeling like this Tuesday was different than any other. 
Then she returned. 
"On y va!" she took my hand and led me to the dining room where there were sparklers and little candles propped in a tiny muffin, cake, thing…then the whole family sang to me while Olympe went and retrieve my cadeau. I was so surprised!! Especially since Eléonore had just recently bought me my dope ass Parisian boots.  So, that was lovely. 
She bought me a cool shirt and pink scarf from this posh French store NafNaf. I like them a lot. 

Later on in the day, Hannah and Tessa came over for luunnncchhhh. I spent like 20euro on a bunch of groceries and made tarts and like…guacamole…comfort food I don't know. We had good talks as always and drank TOO much coffee haha. 

It was a magical time. 

The rest of my night played out as follows. When I got off work I originally thought I'd be meeting some of my friends but alas, all of them were busy and had magically disappeared. SO, I ended up getting dinner with Damien, he's rooming with Lucie and is a really cool dude. He bought me a fancy sushi dinner and we talked about I dunno, stuff. It was really nice actually because I had been feeling so weird about the fact that I was attempting to celebrate my birthday with virtual strangers. They don't really know me that well or what I like, how could I possibly expect anything from them. However, Damien asked me what I usually do with my friends back home and I replied, "We usually just go out for sushi!"

It was like being home. Maya met up with us and brought party hats, and she bought me a birthday treat in my favorite little pub. It's got a tree in the middle of it, and it's hilarious. 

That's about it. It really turned around, and it's cool seeing who is really there for me and such. Pics!

birthday meal

birthday tarts
Mushrooms, tomato, goat cheese
that one time Hannah and I took that really awkward family
photo with the cat…whose birthday was it again? HANNAH?!

this is the crazy tree ha



This morning…when you see him…DIMITRI!


Joyeux anniversaire, 
joyeux anniversaire, 
joyeux anniversaire Danielle, 
joyeux anniversaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment