It was super weird.
After forcing myself awake, yes like Inception, I ventured into the apartment to tidy up and await the arrival of Hannah dearest. Mondays are our "sit around doing nothing, drinking coffee, and just shooting the shit" days. So, after her French class she came over and we sat around doing nothing, drinking, coffee and shooting the shit.
I digress.
She's really good at redirecting my thought in ways I hadn't really considered before. I've had a lot on my mind recently and she just really grounds me back in the present and helps me stop dwelling on the past. I find that she sees me for who I am right now regardless of the shit she does or doesn't know about me, and she genuinely wants me to be able to do that for myself.
SO
I suppose, the day before my birthday was a good time to realize this so that I can take the next year of my life (STARTING TOMORROW) and start fresh.
Today was a good day with the kids as well. Got them from school, came home, chilled, played games, took a bath (well, they did) and then Eléonore came home and asked if we could have my birthday dinner on Wednesday because she has to work late tomorrow night. She's lovely, and I really like this family. Also, we're not going to the Bahamas over winder break anymore, it's been postponed to Easter, but we ARE going to Barcelona and I think after that I'll buy my own ticket (or openly accept birthday donations) to London for New Years with HANNAH.
I don't want to sound clingy buttttt….she's a proper good time.
fait des beaux rêves
![]() |
| My mom's birthday is tomorrow too, so here is a photo of her when she was une petite fille. She's the blonde girly in the middle. Trop mignonne <3 |

No comments:
Post a Comment