Friday, November 22, 2013

Laws of Attraction

Women Standards:

  1. The leader of the pack
  2. The provider
  3. The emotional man
  4. The protector of the family
Dani Standards:
  1. Let's think each other is funny
  2. Display an ounce of vulnerability (you are not god's gift to earth and it takes two to tango)
  3. The inexplicable comfort/carefree vibes (we feel safe)
  4. You gotta be someone I'd hang out with despite all attraction

Obviously, mine are better. 

"You mean, I'm someone you'd actually hang out with normally! Not just for my body?!" he leaned across the table toward me, smiling that smile that's so glamorous it's stupid.

And that pretty sums up all dinner conversation from last night. It was awesome. Dimitri and I had a pre-date dance party to happy French songs, and then I ate pizza with a handsome boy at a restaurant called "Del Papa" which is hilarious. We discussed the above topics among others. Hemingway, literature, Bukowski, Neruda, little things that happen during the week, trust, vulnerability, how humans are humans. 

The Boy asked me what the craziest thing that happened to me this week was (as he always does). I told him about the man Tuesday night who sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the metro because I got on with my party hat still on my head and how he hugged and kissed me to top off his cheery serenade. 

"No way," the boy responded, "Some old crazy lady sang to me on the metro on the way over here. I think she was seducing me."

Crazy shit like that is ALWAYS happening to this kid though. And he's a "Noticer" I've noticed. He just has this aura that MAKES people want to be near him. People want to be his friend, he's always meeting so many people because he's so open to all experiences and he makes everyone he comes into contact with feel important and like a unique spec of life on this planet. I've really admired that about him over these last few months. I think it's helped me notice more of these kinds of things around me. That and he's really sweet. I think he's going to make someone very happy one day. Well, I know he is. I'm just happy for the time we've spent together because I always walk away feeling like I've learned something more about life, and love, and myself. It's cool.

The most beautiful thing about staying the night with someone, isn't just the action, or the instant gratification, or even the holding each other after. No, the most beautiful thing is what happens in the morning. You lay there, warm in her sheets, drifting in and out of sleep as the dark sky begins to lighten with the first rays of the day. Finally, you realize it's time to go, but not before you observe the woman before you. She's tired. Her hair is a mess, no thanks to you. Her eyes are puffy from lack of sleep, and she's trying desperately to balance on one leg as she slides her free one into the jeans she'd left on the floor the night before. You watch her pull them up, and suck in her stomach as she fastens the button. She doesn't need to pretend with you, you've seen it. You admire her for waking up this early after the night you had. You dreaded the alarm almost as much as she did, and yet she rolled out of your arms, away from your charms and into her routine. And as you continue to lay there, watching the woman before you prepare for her day, whatever that may entail, you realize the most beautiful thing: we're all just people.

No comments:

Post a Comment