Well, howdy there. Today I got me first bra!
I wanted to begin by thanking Lauren for the title of my stand up routine "From Bunk Bed to Boots." It is as confusing as it is alluring and I think when it comes to pass, I'll actually have a huge turn out.
I wanted to mention secondly, that I WILL eventually be going back and recounting the days that I've missed. Well, at least the exciting ones where game-changing life events occurred. Donc, it's imperative, dear readers, that you go back to previous dates to see the days less traveled because I will still be posting them in chronological order. LALALALALA…
So, shit has kind of popped off over here. What with the weather changing, the friends changing, and the ever shifting state of my host family I'd have to say that things are pretty. fucking. awesome. This past weekend was really great. It all started THURSDAY, when I noticed that my feet were wet through my boots. WHAT! I'm walking home from the kids' school, Eléonore is with us as well, and I'm fiddling with my boots. The sole of the right foot decided to F* all and just peel off so, that explained the wetness. When I looked up Eléonore was noticing me, noticing my boots.
"Again?! We'll get you new one's tomorrow after school."
And that's precisely what we did!
Friday after school, we met the children, took them to a few shops, and decided on a fancy shmancy pair of brown boots. THAT I LOVE. Eléonore said she'd pay for half, which was really nice of her. I always think of what my aunt, Tina, told me when I bought my first pair of Steve Madden lace ups, "You just gotta commit until they feel like you." Wise words, love. And since then I've transferred that advice into daily life as well.
Friday night was chill, hung out with some old people and some new people. Just bringing the cliques together I suppose. Saturday was extra chill as well. Lauren and I slept until like 2pm when Hannah called to tell me she was outside. YAY! We all drank coffee and sat around until Lauren suggested eating dinner at her place, and who am I to turn down free food? On y va! We went, we ate, we left!
Hannah and I came back, put our sexy pants on, got dolled up and met Maya at a small Irish pub near Mabillon to commence "The Crawl" a MeetUp group that takes you around to different bars. It's a really cool way to meet people, and see the city. That and there was a rugby match on so the town was pretty turnt. Hannah and Maya are also the chillest people in the world and Maya is extra fun to dance with mostly because she'll dance at any bar even when there's no dance floor. RESPECT.
We talked to some people but mostly just stuck together until the end of the night where we ended up at a small bar/discotheque and danced and danced. I ended up dancing with this rather tall, French gentleman who could actually lead pretty well. He had a cute smile and we ended up going outside and talking. He was in England for a little bit and picker up a LOT of English and has a LEGIT British accent, with a little twist of Australian. It's real cute. After the club closed, Hannah, Maya and myself tagged along with the Frenchman and his twin and other friend to a small pub/restaurant where we sat to avoid the rain and get to know each other better. It was genuinely a good time. He and I talked a lot about a ton of different things, and we just got on really well. Hannah and I got home around 5am after sprinting through the rain with The Twins.
Sunday, Hannah and I were USELESS except for making a crazy quiche with WAY too much crème fraîche. We watched "Lie To Me" all day and OBVI had tons of amazing conversation because it's hard not to when you're spending the weekend with someone who is so brilliant. :P
We went out to the 20e Arrondissement for a little birthday party for Johnson a friend of Peter's who I met through Taylor…I can't remember if I've addressed all these people, BUT I WILL! Peter and Johnson are awesome, and Hannah and I had a good time, relatively sick to our stomachs from all the crème fraîche but persisting despite our adversities.
This one guy told a HILARIOUS story which, I will re-tell.
I was talking to my friend's mother, who is French. My friend doesn't speak French at all and when she does she has a terrible accent, American. The other day we were all sitting around talking about things we needed to get done, and how hard it is to make yourself leave the house to go do them when my friend's mother said in her French accent, "Sometimes you just need to slap yourself in the dick and get shit done."
We think she might have confused the translation. But it was HILARIOUS. I dare you NOT to think that to yourself the next time you wake up in the morning and you REALLY don't want to get out of bed. It helps. When we got home we made couscous and mousaka, cause we're both extremely Greek, as well as some very English tea (well, made by Hannah). We stayed up for another two hours, snuggled up on the couch with our duvets and pillows watching "Lie To Me" because Hannah is addicted, and I've never said no to watching a series through for a second time. Except "Lost". Over it.
Monday was a holiday.
Hung out with Hannah.
Hannah left.
I cried.
I hung out with Maya.
We got ripped off at our breakfast.
3,50 euro water.
merde.
Then I chilled, cleaned, skyped Megan!!
Family got home, fed me.
Went to watch Rugby at the Lions: The usual Monday spot.
Received a cryptic text from the young gentleman and I am COMPLETELY at a loss on how to respond.
I ended the night with a petit rendez-vous avec the nice man from Saturday.
It was a good time.
He texted me when we parted ways to get on different Metros.
Fell asleep in my stupid bunk bed texting Lauren.
C'EST BON.
I'm happy :)
Today was pleasant as well.
The kids are great.
I cooked for the family.
I got dem compliments.
Now I shall fall asleep watching Supernatural and hope I don't have horrifying dreams.
Bonne Nuit tout le monde
P.S. I haven't taken my boots off since I got 'em.
And when I asked Eléonore last night if I could write her a check, she told me they were her gift and that I just had to wear them all day, everyday, every night, shower in them, sleep in them, and never take them off.
she's funny. I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment