I woke up feeling pretty lonely. It seemed as though it was finally sinking in that I was across the country from everyone I know and love. More importantly, in this case, I was far away from everyone who knows and loves me. It feels like drowning, but not as peaceful (or so they say).
I was feeling like the kids hated me, and that the mom was disappointed with her au pair selection. I texted my mom and her friend, Nathalie, and they shred some really uplifting thoughts with me.
They told me that I already had everything I needed. That I could never be somewhere that I wasn't prepared to be. My mom reassured me that I was ready for this. It was a huge life event but everything leading up to this moment has absolutely prepared me for anything this adventure could throw my way. Nathalie told me that the language barrier will get easier. All I need to do is express myself in the most kind and helpful way that I can, and I have a right to do so. In fact, I was created to do so, and I can do it effortlessly.
I was also nervous because Anna, Eléonore's sister-in-law, was coming over with her two kids and I didn't want to embarrass myself. Luckily, by lunchtime, everything was fine. Anna actually spoke to me a little in English and was really nice. Her kids are two years, and two months old.
I've decided that babies are the same across the globe too, and they also all love me. Mathilde (the baby) smiled at me the entire lunch and laughed when I made faces. Easy, I know, but let me have this!
I spent the rest of the afternoon playing soccer with Dimitri, he asked me to marry him, and then I got to finally spin him around. We're gonna be just fine.
Today only solidified my belief in the language of love. It doesn't matter what spoken language we are versed in, when it comes down to it we are all receptive to kindness, joy, laughter, and love. Today was a good day to remember and practice that!
Fun Fact: Today is the day in Pitch Perfect when we see Beca save her first mixed track on her computer (8.27)
No comments:
Post a Comment