around we go.
Today was a pretty slow morning. I read my book du jour "The Girl Who Played with Fire"
It's the second book of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy. They're so good. It's amazing to me that they were originally written in Swedish and then translated so that I might enjoy the plot twists, and witty-though psychologically tortured-characters. I got even further and I'll probably finish the last 60 pages in the morning.
The language got easier today, as it does everyday. I was really tired for absolutely no reason all day, so when Eléonore took the kids to the doctors office (I'm still not sure why exactly) it was nice to sit around, read, and kind of relax my mind. I also took some pictures.
I have been having really vivid dreams since I got here. Last night, I dreamt that Macklemore and I became friends and I made him sign a page in my moleskine. Then his flight got delayed and all this stuff so we ended up just talking all day. He finally wrote me an autograph and a long personal note on some paper towels that he somehow covered in wax so that the ink wouldn't run if they got wet. I don't even know. I also solved a mystery in my dream last night. Probably has to do with all the reading I've been doing.
I did end up showing Dimitri and Olympe some of my videos on YouTube. Well, videos I'm in. First I showed them my dance from Principia College Dance Production. "Ringmaster" by Maddie Charles. It was really difficult to explain the story behind the dance, in French, to children but we got there eventually. Then I showed them Chloé and my Flight of the Conchords tribute video "Foux du Fafa."
The kids watched it three times.
Ultimately, not much to report today. I'm happy and excited to experience more. (Apparently in French the word excited is a negative thing. Interesting.)
P.S. When Dimitri does push ups he basically just humps the ground while keeping his arms straight. It's freaking hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment